Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cauliflower-Cream-Cheese-Soup, serves 6

This is my favorite soup of all times. So easy, but yet so tasty.

You will need:
1 whole cauliflower
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 cup of milk
1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese
1-2 tbs of lemon juice
nutmeg

Cut the leaves and stem off the cauliflower. Cut off the little florets. Rinse. In a pot, bring your vegetable broth to a boil. Add the milk and cauliflower florets, bring back to a boil and cover. Turn heat on low and cook for about 10-12 minutes. Now puree your soup. I have a hand mixer, but you can just put it in a blender too. Return to the pot, add the cream cheese, lemon juice and a little nutmeg. Mix well. Heat the soup back up, and serve. You can sprinkle a little fresh parsley on top if you like or croutons. This is also a great soup to freeze. I freeze one-cup portions and take it to work for lunch.

Today I will try it with broccoli instead, I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment